Join The Team
Join the team at S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting to take that next step in your trade!
about the team
Brisbane-based Plumbing and Gasfitting
S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting is a Brisbane-based plumbing company that also specialises in gas fitting. With over 20 years experience, our expert plumbers ensure that all work produced is of the highest quality and take pride in the outcomes of each project.
S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting strive to provide not only quality work, but also a positive work environment. We are continuously on the look out for trades people who are enthusiastic and productive to join the team who are looking for to better their career or start afresh.
To us, plumbing and gasfitting is not just a job, it is a career.
At S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting, we are seeing continuous growth, meaning we always have exciting opportunities for a plumber who is looking to either kickstart their career or take the next step in their journey.
Given we have a small team, all team members need to ensure they doing their jobs to the best of their ability. We are an ambitious company and therefore have huge plans for the future, meaning that the opportunity to progress within the company to a Project Manager or above is always a possibility for the right person.
Your responsibilities within your role will include (but not limited to):
- Accurate interpretation of plans and instructions, in relation to projects
- Completion of Plumbing Maintenance tasks, to a high standard
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of Plumbing works, throughout site progress until completion.
- Basic maintenance plumbing tasks, hot water systems blocked drains.
- Positive interaction with clients, sub-contractors and team members.
- Maintain and foster supplier/contractor relations.
- Maintain OH&S and cleanliness, on-site.
Who you are
Importantly you will be a match for our values of:
- Customer focused, with the drive to deliver on our commitment to
- excellence in customer service each and every day.
- Highly efficiency, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task to complete your workload.
- Initiative – the ability to think on your feet.
- Able to enjoy working as part of a team, whilst simultaneously being able to work effectively autonomously.
Skill and Knowledge:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role. Gas licence highly desirable but not essential.
- Have a proven record in the plumbing maintenance industry.
- Have strong OH&S standards.
- Experience with cctv camera, high pressure water jetting.
- A Full plumbing and drainage licence, Gas licence highly desirable.
- You will be able to work autonomously on a variety of tasks and projects, effectively managing competing timelines whilst staying flexible enough to deal with urgent situations as required.
- A passion for the industry is a must as is creative thinking when it comes to solving problems.
S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting is a business with a great internal culture, with every team member feeling like a member of a family. Given the fact we are growing within our first year of business shows how committed this organisation is to growth, from both a company and personal perspective. Within the company, there is a clear path for:
- Long term career opportunity
- attractive salary + super with performance bonus
- Fun & Friendly work environment
Bring your skills, knowledge and passion to this up-and-coming organisation and play a pivotal role to the growth and development of S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting. To be considered for this position, please DO NOT send a cover letter and resume.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like a role/position with S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting?
- What would a past employer say your top 5 attributes are?
- Please list any relevant qualifications you hold, including institution names and dates obtained.
- Please outline your experience in the plumbing trade, highlighting any specific experience in the plumbing industry.
- Please list your relevant plumbing experience, including company size, key deliverables and organisation names.
- What are three outcomes you looking for in your next role/position?
- What has been your life’s greatest achievement?;
- What frustrated you most, about your last position or job?
- If successful, when would you be available to commence with S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting?
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
We service Brisbane and all surrounding suburbs
The team at S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting are locally-owned and based in Brisbane, servicing all surrounding suburbs.
What makes us Different
Why Choose Us?
S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting are a locally-owned Brisbane-based business with more than 20 years experience in the industry.
All of our plumbers are members of the Master Plumbers Association of Queensland. Add to that over 20 years experience in the plumbing industry and you can be sure you are getting the best service in Brisbane.
Hot Water Specialists
Our experience plumbers are experts in all hot water systems and have not come across an issue they couldn't fix.
Blocked Drain Specialists
Blocked drains are a common nuisance when it comes to plumbing systems. At S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting, we have the knowledge, experience and equipment to clear an drain to ensure you have free-flowing plumbing system.
Plumbing issues don't care if it is 10am in the morning or 11pm at night, and sometimes those issues need to be fixed ASAP. The team at S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact Us today.
Honest, Upfront Pricing
There are no hidden fees when it comes to working with S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting. All of hour work is priced up front and if issues arise that were not expected, we work with you to get the best possible outcome.