Expert Solutions for Blocked Toilets
A backed up toilet is more than just a minor inconvenience – it can be a big problem (and one that can’t wait). As a 24/7 emergency plumber, S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting is ready to rescue you from a blocked toilet as soon as it becomes a problem. Get in touch now for fast service.
Risks of a Blocked Toilet
Ignoring a blocked toilet can lead to bigger problems like:
- Foul odors: A blockage in your toilet can cause unpleasant smells that spread throughout the bathroom and home.
- Sanitary issues: Clogged toilets can overflow, leading to unsanitary conditions that are hazardous to your health.
- Plumbing damage: Persistent blockages increase the risk of damage to your pipes and can even cause sewer backups.
- Expensive repairs: Neglecting the root cause of a clog can lead to costly repairs and replacements in the future if not addressed properly.
What Causes Blocked Toilets?
Preventing clogs is the best way to keep your plumbing in top shape. Items that might seem harmless to toss in the toilet can actually cause serious problems. Some of these items are:
- Wet wipes
- Flushable wipes (yes, even flushable!)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Dental floss
- Paper towels
- Toys and other foreign objects
Additionally, tree roots and buildup of hard minerals can be another cause of toilet plumbing issues.
what we do
More Of Our Plumbing Services
S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting can fix all types of blocked drains. We have the knowledge and the experience to tackle any drainage issues you may have.
S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting provides a full range of professional drain cleaning Brisbane services, from solving existing residential or commercial plumbing issues to installing the necessary systems in your new home.
Hot Water Systems
S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting offer a complete range of hot water services including repairs, replacement and service of all types of hot water systems.
If you suspect a gas leak or need to install a new gas appliance, don't DIY it. All gas services need to be done by a licensed gasfitter
With over 20 years of plumbing experience, the team at S&J Plumbing knows exactly how to diagnose, assess, and fix any problems that arise with the household throne.
Burst Water Pipes
S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting has years of experience in the plumbing industry, including repairing and replacing broken water pipes.
Whether it be emergency callouts, installations or maintenance programs, our commercial plumbers have the skills, experience and equipment to attend to your requirements.
We service Brisbane and all surrounding suburbs
The team at S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting are locally-owned and based in Brisbane, servicing all surrounding suburbs.
What Are Signs of a Clogged Toilet?
The signs of a toilet blockage are hard to miss – and the situation can get messy very quickly. Catching the problem and getting it fixed as soon as possible will prevent unnecessary plumbing and water damage to the surrounding area.
Signs of a blocked toilet:
- Rising water in the toilet after flushing
- Slow draining water
- Visible foreign objects
- Gurgling sounds from the toilet drain
- Sewage backup coming from other drains
DIY - Do’s and Don’ts
When trying to clear a clog yourself, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. You can try this natural method before calling S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting for toilet repair:
- Pour a bucket of hot water (not boiling) into the toilet from waist height.
- Add two cups of vinegar followed by one cup of baking soda.
- Wait for 30 minutes and then flush.
If this approach doesn’t work, don’t fret – we’re just a phone call away!
What NOT to do:
When you are dealing with a clogged toilet, you should avoid:
- Repeated flushing (it won’t work!)
- Chemical drain cleaners – this can create a dangerous situation for you or the plumber who comes to fix the clog
- Using a wire to clear the blockage (you may cause pipe damage)
What makes us Different
Best Blocked Toilet Plumber in Brisbane
With stellar reviews on Google & Facebook, our reputation speaks volumes about our commitment to quality. With teams on both the north and south sides of Brisbane, we're always close by.
We provide 24/7 service, transparent pricing, and no hidden clauses. Don’t let a blocked toilet ruin your day – call S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting now.
Blocked Toilet FAQs
Each case varies, but we're dedicated to offering affordable toilet blockage clearing for our customers.
It's best to avoid chemical drain cleaners as they can damage your pipes and are hazardous to the environment. Putting chemicals in your toilet can also make it dangerous for the plumber fixing the clog.
Periodic professional cleanings can help prevent blockages and maintain efficient flushing.
Turn off the water supply to the toilet immediately and call us for a quick fix!
We can typically offer same-day or next-day appointments for toilet emergencies. Just give us a call!
If a plunger doesn’t work, it’s best to call the professionals to assess the problem. The next step would be a plumber’s snake or other professional tool. S&J Plumbing and Gasfitting uses high-end equipment to clear toilet blockages.
Contact S&J Plumbing
Friendly, fast & professional CCTV drain camera Brisbane based services are available across the North, South & Western Suburbs.